Assistant Society Secretary
Little Chesterford, Essex
At Saffron, we believe that everyone should feel comfortable to manage their finances. We are committed to make a sustainable impact to the local communities in which we operate.
Our culture is reflected in our values: our aspiration to be brave and curious working with agility and drive. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive Society that promotes a sense of belonging by encouraging our people to bring their full selves to work every day. We are dedicated to providing a safe environment where individuality is celebrated.
Overview of the Role
We have an incredible and rare opportunity to welcome a new Assistant Society Secretary to Saffron Building Society. We are recruiting for an experienced and highly organised Company Secretary to carry out high level board administrative duties while advising the board on corporate governance issues.
Our new Assistant Society Secretary will be a thought leader and trusted advisor to the board and provide assurance around all aspects of board governance.
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional, trustworthy and influential individual with the ability to remain calm while under pressure. It is essential our successful Assistant Society Secretary has exceptional written and verbal communication skills. This role will report directly into our Chief Executive Officer.
Key Responsibilities, but not limited to
- Organisation of board and committee meetings, preparation and issue board packs
- Preparing the Corporate Governance, Remuneration and directors information aspects of the Annual Report and Accounts
- Managing the process of completion, approval and printing/distribution of all year end documentation
- Minute taking
- Senior Manager and Certification Regime support
- Ensuring ongoing compliance of the Directors within the BSA and maintain registers
- Company secretarial duties of all subsidiary companies
- Arrangement and maintenance of Group corporate insurance cover
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary along with our exceptional rewards and benefits package.
This is a permanent role; core hours of work are 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday totalling 35 hours per week.
If you feel that you embody our Society values and have the appropriate level of experience then we would love to hear from you.
To find out more about this excellent opportunity please contact our People team on 01799 582 892 or email email@example.com