Business Change Manager
We are thrilled to announce that we have a new vacancy in our IS and Change team for a Business Change Manager. This role offers some flexibility in location and is based between home and our new, modern Head Office in the centre of Hinckley town centre.
The Change team is going through an exciting period of growth to support and manage a multi-million-pound digital transformation and increase our capability to manage change across the society. We have a great mix of technical, creative and strategic projects on the horizon, and this is a great opportunity for someone to play a pivotal role in not only the delivery of critical projects but to help support and contribute to the expansion of the change function.
You will work alongside a great mix of passionate and experienced individuals. We believe that investing in our people and their future is key to our success.
Working hours are 35 hours and 25 minutes per week, i.e., Monday – Friday 8.55am – 5pm with one hour unpaid for lunch. This role has a salary of £34,800 to £47,580 dependant on experience.
The Business Change Manager is responsible and accountable for the planning, management, delivery and embedding of changes requested by the business in accordance with the change management framework.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Establish and build effective, long-lasting relationships with business areas and third parties.
• Lead and manage the definition of scope, objectives, deliverables and benefits, ensuring that the change management framework is adhered to, appropriate documentation completed, and processes followed.
• Track the progress and cost of change initiatives and provide regular updates and reports to stakeholders in an agreed format, highlighting changes and managing expectations where required throughout the lifecycle of the change.
• Develop and manage project plans, tracking and reporting changes to key milestones.
• Proactively identify resources, risks, issues, and dependencies and manage appropriately.
• Run project meetings, working groups and workshops, recording outputs and action points to ensure completion.
• Manage change activities from various individuals, teams, external parties etc to ensure a cohesive and focused approach to change delivery within agreed timescales and budgets.
• Ensure completion of deliverables with smooth transition into BAU.
• Completion of closure document identifying outstanding and follow-on activity, lessons learned and benefit review parameters.
Essential background, experience, and skills for the role:
• Excellent organisation and time management skills and the ability to prioritise effectively.
• Excellent attention to detail and tenacity to ensure timely completion of tasks.
• Outstanding stakeholder and expectation management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, comfortable communicating at all levels.
• Experience of working with internal teams, external resources and third parties.
• Experience in managing projects in financial services or similar regulated environment.
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Project.
• Comfortable working proactively on your own initiative in a blended working environment.
• The willingness to undergo a credit reference search and DBS check (our employees must have impeccable standards of personal finance).
Desirable background, experience, and skills for the role:
• Educated to Degree level or an alternative finance industry related qualification.
• Professionally recognised certification in a relevant discipline.
• Experience working as a business analyst, defining requirements, process mapping, documenting data flows, producing user stories/use cases, interface mapping and gap analysis.
• Experience in both waterfall and agile techniques.
• Line management experience and mentoring junior staff.
• Previous experience delivering any of the following projects: telephony, website redesign, managed service migration, system migration, mobile app development, regulatory projects.
Benefits of working for Hinckley & Rugby Building Society:
• Minimum of 23 days annual leave, with bank holidays in addition (increased with length of service and pro rata for part time employees).
• Hybrid working available which includes a mixture of working from home and within our head office in Hinckley.
• Annual discretionary bonus based on performance.
• Opportunity to buy three days additional holiday (pro rata for part time employees).
• Additional day off in your birthday month.
• Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave package.
• Competitive contributory pension scheme.
• Four times basic salary life cover.
• Opportunity to join Benenden Healthcare (upon six months service).
• Permanent Health Insurance (upon six months service).
• Access to the Employee Assistance Programme.
• Access to the Society’s Mental Health First Aiders.
• Three days paid leave to work in the community or as a volunteer.
• Eyecare voucher scheme.
• Loyalty bonuses for length of service.
• Reward and recognition schemes.
If you wish to apply for the role, please submit your CV and complete the employment application form found on our website in the careers section and email this to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!