Head of Finance
We are thrilled to announce that we have a new vacancy in our Finance Department for a new Head of Finance, based in our recently renovated Principal Office, in Hinckley.
Hinckley & Rugby Building Society was formed in 1983, however our history dates back to 1861. We have eight branches throughout some of the towns and cities of the East and West Midlands. We are a successful financial institution providing a variety of mortgage and savings products.
Based in a vibrant, open-plan office, you will work alongside a great mix of experienced individuals. We believe that investing in our people and their future is key to our success. As such, you will receive a comprehensive induction process, extensive on-the-job training and ongoing support from management to ensure that you succeed in your role.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and working hours are 35 hours and 25 minutes per week, i.e., Monday – Friday 8.55am – 5pm with 1 hour unpaid for lunch.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this is a key role within the Society’s Executive team and is expected to actively contribute to the strategic thinking and business direction, including beyond the Finance team. The key aspects of the role, in addition to day-to-day management of the Society’s Finance function, include:
• Prudential risk management, including liquidity and capital management and management of the treasury back-office function.
• Financial planning, including preparation of short and medium term forecasts.
• Financial control, ensuring the operation of robust controls as expected in a regulated financial institution.
• Management accounting, involving timely and accurate monthly reporting.
• Regulatory reporting, including timely and accurate monthly and quarterly reporting to the Prudential Regulation Authority, Bank of England and Financial Conduct Authority.
• Statutory and regulatory reporting, including management of this annual process and the external audit relationship.
The Finance function consists of a team of 12 staff, excluding the Head of Finance role, and is split between management accounting and management information teams. This is an excellent opportunity to help shape the future direction of the Finance function and influence the wider strategy of a prominent and ambitious regional building society.
Desired background, experience and skills for the role:
• Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with relevant post qualified experience.
• At least 5 years’ experience of working within a finance department or practice.
• Experience of treasury functions, practices, and processes.
• Fervent controls focus – including a strong understanding of the key controls expected to be in place within a finance department of a regulated financial institution.
• Exacting standards for reporting – ensuring processes are in place to ensure the accuracy of the department’s outputs.
• Strong accounting knowledge – preparation of management and statutory accounts under FRS102/IFRS – with exposure to external and internal audit processes.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential since the role includes dealing with other members of the Society’s Executive team and the Board of Directors, as well as external stakeholders including 3rd party suppliers, internal and external auditors.
• A background in financial services, including dealings with the UK financial regulators, would be of significant benefit.
• The ability to work effectively with large volumes of data – ensuring accuracy at a detailed level whilst retaining an understanding and feel for overall trends and behaviours.
Benefits of working for Hinckley & Rugby Building Society
• Minimum of 25 days annual leave, with bank holidays in addition (increased with length of service and pro rata for part time employees).
• Opportunity to buy three days additional holiday (pro rata for part time employees).
• Additional day off in your birthday month.
• Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave package.
• Competitive contributory pension scheme.
• Four times basic salary life cover.
• Opportunity to join Benenden Healthcare (upon six months’ service).
• Permanent Health Insurance (upon six months’ service).
• Access to the Employee Assistance Programme.
• Access to the Society’s Mental Health First Aiders.
• Three days paid leave to work in the community or as a volunteer.
• Eyecare voucher scheme.
• Loyalty bonuses for length of service.
• Reward and recognition schemes.
If you wish to apply for the role, please complete the employment application found on our website in the careers section and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Our offices have all the necessary precautions and risk assessments in place, together with the required PPE, to ensure that they are COVID-safe environments.