Non-Executive Director – Stafford Railway Building Society
• Title: Non-Executive Director
• Location: Stafford, Staffordshire
• Sector: Retail Financial Services
• Directors Fee: £19,000 per annum (currently under review)
The Stafford Railway Building Society was established in 1877, located in the centre of Stafford, in the county of Staffordshire, we are strongly committed to the principles of mutuality, and firmly committed to putting the customer-first-and foremost in all our activities.
We’re independent and locally managed; when you contact us you will speak to a member of our team, not a call centre.
We operate from a single office in the centre of Stafford – so our overheads are low and we can pass on those savings by way of highly competitive interest rates.
As a mutual, we are free of pressure from shareholders, so we can concentrate on doing what we do best. As a result, mergers, take-overs and flotations have passed Stafford Railway Building Society by, leaving it still doing what it was established to do – offering sensible mortgages and investments, at sensible rates, to sensible people.
We are looking for a Non -Executive Director to join the Board and fulfil the following areas of experience and expertise:-
• Digital/IT Capability/FinTech
• Strategy Development
• Corporate Planning
• Business Governance
• General Management
• Entrepreneurial Leadership
• Ability to understand and analyse financial data
• Mentoring and support for the Executive Team
• Honesty, integrity, independent character, high ethical standards
• Sound judgement
• Constructive Challenge, engagement and debate
• Team player - working together as part of an effective Board team and Executive colleagues
Academic / background
• Degree/business relevant degree
• General management experience over a number of years at or near Board level.
• Digital Technology experience, possibly at CIO level, ideally within the Financial Services sector.
Candidates applying must understand the necessity to allow enough time for reading and evaluating meeting papers and attending and contributing to the Board and associated Committees.
Upon joining, and in addition to attending Board Meetings, you will become a member of the Audit & Compliance and Remuneration Committees.
The appointment will be subject to PRA/ FCA approval and candidates should either already be approved or have the gravitas, experience and understanding of the UK regulatory environment to be so.
Applications in the strictest of confidence in the form of a CV with covering letter to C C Lloyd, Chair, Stafford Railway Building Society, 4 Market Square, Stafford, ST16 2JH