Prudential Risk Manager – permanent, full-time - circa £55,000 per annum – hybrid working!
This is an exciting opportunity to join Bath Building Society’s risk and compliance team with a focus on prudential risk and internal regulatory document preparation. The role is based between our Queen Square head office and home working. The successful candidate will have the flexibility to manage their own working pattern between home and office working subject to any core business/training requirements to be agreed with the Director of Risk Management.
Our story started back in 1904 and Bath Building Society has been a safe place for our Members’ money ever since.
As one of the smaller building societies, providing mortgages and savings, we are passionate about giving our Members and Customers something special, something they find difficult to get elsewhere.
We don’t do things like the larger financial institutions:
- We don’t have call centres.
- You have access to the decision makers.
- We are innovative and flexible to ensure we meet individual customers' needs.
- We still offer personal service in a world that is becoming more impersonal.
That’s why “We’re different because you are”.
Working with the Senior Leadership Team and Department Managers you will -
- Act as technical expert on prudential risk matters, particularly relating to regulatory change, to ensure that the Society reacts as required.
- Ensure that the first line of defence appropriately manage prudential risks including the identification, assessment, measurement, review, monitoring and reporting of risks and issues.
- Develop the Society’s ICAAP, ILAAP, Recovery Plan and Resolution pack along with stress tests for prudential risks.
- Work within the regulatory requirements with the ability to extend this regulatory knowledge to more strategic insight with impact assessments on the Society’s position and capital plans.
- Second line review of regulatory returns including COREP/FINREP.
- Review interpretation documents, policies and processes in line with regulatory Policy, Supervision Statements and insights from PRA/Bank of England (BoE).
- Develop and monitor the Society’s Risk Management Framework.
- Manage and maintain the Society’s risk register (4Risk) as part of the combined assurance, three lines of defence model and provide reports to the Board, Risk and Audit Committees and management committees.
- Provide 2nd line input to regulatory projects, documents and initiatives as requested.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of the technical aspects of risk management in the financial services sector in prudential risk and regulatory areas (preferably within banks or building societies).
- Experience in producing ICAAP and or ILAAP or Recovery Plan
- Ability to interpret regulatory documents and to understand whether and how they impact on the Society.
- Strong analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently when required and plan effectively to ensure activities are delivered in line with agreed timeframes.
- Sound judgement to ensure that risk/compliance has a business focus and ensure the approach is always proportionate and pragmatic.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to build and maintain relationships with colleagues at all levels across the Society through excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
Why should you apply?
Here are just some of the reasons our colleagues are attracted to work for Bath Building Society:
- Central Bath location together with your own home.
- Competitive salaries and a good work life balance.
- At least 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- You will be automatically enrolled into the Society’s generous pension scheme.
- Insurance and Healthcare benefits after a qualifying period.
- Sharing in Success: Annual bonus scheme based on both the performance of the Society and your individual performance.
Contact: Rosalyn McLeod
Telephone: 0117 970 2955
Closing date: 22nd November 2021
Bath Building Society current vacancies are listed here