Registration now open
This year the Building Societies Annual Conference is going virtual. The conference 'From COVID-19 to a new mutual economy', takes place across four half-day sessions from 4th - 7th May 2021 and will cover four key themes: returning to growth; strong and simple - resilience and innovation serving mutuality; outcomes based on conduct; and a business led recovery.
Conference sessions will be filmed live from a recording studio, offering an engaging and thought-provoking conference. The whole event will be delivered on a bespoke virtual platform giving delegates the opportunity to ask questions during live sessions, chat with delegates and sponsors across the virtual platform and listen to the latest content.
This year’s keynote speakers include:
• John Glen MP, Economic Secretary, HM Treasury
• Linda Yueh, Economist, Writer and Broadcaster
• Sam Woods, Deputy Governor for Prudential Regulation and Chief Executive Officer of the Prudential Regulation Authority, Bank of England
• Poppy Trowbridge, Columnist for The Times and the Guardian and former special adviser and Director of Communications to the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Philip Hammond from 2016 to July of 2019
• Robin Fieth, Chief Executive, Building Societies Association
• Dr Rhian-Mari Thomas, Chief Executive, Green Finance Institute
• Rain Newton-Smith, Chief Economist, CBI
Full conference details, programme information, speakers biographies and event sponsors can be found on the dedicated conference website bsaconference.org