Different and seemingly overlapping regulatory requirements on outsourcing to cloud service providers could prove confusing, even challenging, for building societies. EBA recommendations take effect on 1 July 2018 but how do these sit with current and forthcoming guidance and regulations? BSA associate TLT solicitors aim to shed light on this potentially difficult area and advise societies how to achieve compliance in an hour-long members-only webinar.
- the regulatory context - a helicopter view of the regulatory landscape of CEBS, EBA. and FCA guidelines, MIFID II, GDPR etc.
- the guidance - an outline of the purpose of the guidance and what it's trying to achieve.
- what the guidance says - a run through of the outline of the guidance and what the key points and key issues are to note.
- contrast to 2016 guidance - how does it differ and on what areas may we expect FCA to update guidance.
- practical steps to achieve compliance (or demonstrate it is in progress) – practical examples of what building societies can do, how compliance can be achieved, examples and war stories, practical problems and possible solutions/options. This is the key area of the presentation.
The webinar will be hosted by TLT partners, Dan Read and David Gardner.
Dan is a partner in TLT’s technology and intellectual property team. He advises on large scale IT, telecoms and business process outsourcing projects in both the private and public sectors. Dan regularly advises clients on the creation, exploitation, management, licensing, enforcement and disposal of intellectual property rights including trade marks, patents and copyright across a broad range of sectors.
David is an authority on IT, outsourcing and technology-driven procurement, with a particular focus on clients in financial services, the public sector and the technology sector. David regularly acts as lead advisor for customer and suppliers to deliver complex and strategic technology projects, collaborations and commercial contracts of all shapes and sizes.
This free members-only webinar will last approximately one hour and include a question and answer session.
Attendance is free of charge for BSA members. To register, please click here. TLT will send you a link and instructions on how to attend the webinar shortly after.
To help focus the presentation, please forward any questions you have/areas you would like covered to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 May. Registration for attendance is open until 6 June.
Please note that we will be using a platform called Go to Webinar. To avoid any last minute technical issues, please check with your IT department that you're able to access this technology ahead of the webinar