Fact sheet

Useful links

Further advice and information is available from the following organisations:


The main source of information on all government home ownership schemes, including Shared Ownership.

Link to OwnYourHome

Money Advice Service

Impartial information and a wide range of tools from the Money Advice Service

Link to Money Advice Service

Financial Ombudsman Service

The Financial Ombadsman Service is an independent public body set up to help customers who have a complaint against a provider of financial services. Here you can find further information on how you can make a complaint to the Ombudsman. How to make a complaint to FOS

Money Advice Agencies

There are many independent advice agencies offering free and impartial debt advice. These include:

National Debtline - Free and confidential debt advice

Consumer Credit Counselling Service - Free and confidential debt advice

Shelter - Advice on housing issues including mortgage repayments

Citizens Advice Bureau - Independent advice

Payplan - Free debt management services

Credit Reference Agencies

Links to credit reference agencies:





Our members are regulated by two bodies - the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority.

Prudential Regulation Authority

Financial Conduct Authority


Simon Rex

Information Services Manager

Tel: 0207 520 5914 simon.rex@bsa.org.uk

Related content