In GC20/2, FCA sets out planned guidance for banks, building societies and credit unions to follow when planning closures of branches or ATMs or converting ATMs from free to customer to fee-charging.
The guidance includes proposals for firms to
- inform FCA of their plans
- conduct analysis of the impact of the planned closures
- consult with interested parties
- assess the suitability of alternative(s)
- pay particular regard to the needs of vulnerable customers.
The guidance builds on FCA Handbook Principles and existing guidance issued by the Lending Standards Board.
FCA intends that the guidance will enter into effect later in 2020.
The BSA's response to the guidance consultation can be viewed here