With people over 65 currently holding £1.5 trillion in housing wealth, and with mortgage borrowing in this age group projected to double by 2030, lending in later life has the potential to be a huge growth area for building societies in the years to come.
Recent changes in regulation bringing retirement interest-only mortgages into the standard Mortgage Conduct of Business (MCOB) rules have added further opportunities. On the other hand, the ever-changing pension landscape adds increasing complexity.
This one-day course is designed to upskill Mortgage Advisers to understand the wider implications and possibilities for customers looking to raise money in later life.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the market for lending in later life – including repayment, retirement interest-only and lifetime mortgages
- Explain how the need for income differs from the need for capital
- Describe the different reasons clients require additional income or capital
- Understand the implications involved in raising capital or income
- Describe the options available for raising capital or income
- Explain the options for replacing existing mortgage debt into retirement
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of the options available
- Understand the suitability of the options available
- Analyse potential client scenarios
- Assess potential solutions for client scenarios
"Excellent course put together in a way that made it relevant and pitched at a level that gave a good overview of this niche area of lending."
"Great beginners guide to lending in retirement."
(Delegate feedback from the September 2019 course)
BSA, 23 Kingsway, London WC2
09.00 for a 09.30 start; concluding approximately 16.30
£450 VAT exempt - BSA members/associates only
Includes course documentation, refreshments and lunch
To secure your place, please complete the online form