With people over 65 currently holding £1.5 trillion in housing wealth, and with mortgage borrowing in this age group projected to double by 2030, lending in later life has the potential to be a huge growth area for building societies in the years to come.
Recent changes in regulation bringing retirement interest-only mortgages into the standard Mortgage Conduct of Business (MCOB) rules have added further opportunities. On the other hand, the ever-changing pension landscape adds increasing complexity.
This one-day course is designed to upskill Mortgage Advisers to understand the wider implications and possibilities for customers looking to raise money in later life.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the market for lending in later life – including repayment, retirement interest-only and lifetime mortgages
- Explain how the need for income differs from the need for capital
- Describe the different reasons clients require additional income or capital
- Understand the implications involved in raising capital or income
- Describe the options available for raising capital or income
- Explain the options for replacing existing mortgage debt into retirement
- List the providers of options available
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of the options available
- Understand the suitability of the options available
- Analyse potential client scenarios
- Assess potential solutions for client scenarios
- Understand the regulators' approach to retirement interest-only mortgages and recent amendments to MCOB rules
BSA, 23 Kingsway, London WC2
09.00 for a 9.30 start; concluding approximately 16.30
£490 VAT exempt - BSA members/associates only
To secure a place please complete the relevant registration form below.
Wednesday, 24 October 2018
This date is fully booked. Please email Christie Sharp to be added to the waiting list.
Tuesday, 15 January 2019