Session cookies are automatically deleted after use, once all of your browser windows are closed down. Permanent cookies may be deleted although doing this may affect your user experience on this site. Please note that cookies need to be enabled to remain signed-in to the member-only area of this site.
The specific cookies used on this site will vary depending on whether the site visitor has logged in as a BSA Member or Associate or is a visitor who has registered/is subsrcibed to receive material from the BSA, collectively known as Authenticated users or is a visitor who has not registered or subscribed to receive any material from the BSA known as a Non-authenticated user.
- ASP.NET_SessionId - standard ASP.NET cookie containing the user's session ID - expires, and is deleted, at the end of a user's browser session (close tab or browser).
- CMSPreferredCulture - A Kentico cookie to remember a user's preferred language (en-GB) - expires, and is deleted, after a year.
- VisitorStatus - A Kentico cookie that remembers the visitors status (unknown/first visit/more visits) - expires, and is deleted, after 30 years.
Authenticated users (in addition to the above)
- ASPXFORMSAUTH - A Kentico authentication ticket cookie - expires, and is deleted, at the end of a user's browser session (close tab or browser) or if "Remember Me" is ticked, it expires, and is deleted, after 30 days.
- CMSPreferredUICulture - A Kentico cookie to remember a user's preferred UI language (en-us) - expires, and is deleted, after a year.
- CMSViewMode - A Kentico cookie that remembers the CMS viewing mode (Design mode, Live site, etc.) - expires, and is deleted, after a day.