Join us as an Associate for networking, knowledge and recognition and enjoy a range of member benefits.
Our Associates include mutual insurance companies, a savings bank, audit and accounting firms, firms of solicitors, and suppliers of various professional and support services.
Benefits of associate membership
- Analysis of key industry issues from our policy experts.
- Updates on policy developments through a series of briefs, articles and circulars on the members’ website.
- Email notifications on the subject areas that interest you. As many staff as you wish within your organisation can sign up for individual alerts.
- Access to the latest industry research and guidance on the members’ website and in our extensive library at York House.
- Knowledge sharing and educational seminars and workshops on a range of industry issues at discounted member rates.
- Free-to-attend briefings for associates examining the business issues affecting mutual lenders and deposit takers.
- Strengthened industry presence through opportunities to work with the BSA and our members by joining specialist panels and working groups.
- Speaking opportunities at BSA events, exclusive sponsorship packages, and the opportunity to partner with the BSA to run jointly branded events.
- Publicity and increased brand awareness from a listing on our website, announcements of your Associateship in our member communications and the opportunity to include editorial in our quarterly e-newsletter Associate Knowledge that enables associates to get in touch with BSA members - and other associates.
- News in the form of Mortgage Matters and Newsbite, our e-newsletters, and Society Matters, our award-winning quarterly magazine, and invitations to contribute editorial to these publications.
- A directory listing in our Yearbook.
- We will find, follow and endeavour to promote your work over twitter. Follow us @BSABuildingSocs.
- Meeting Room hire at our central London office.
What issues do we deal with?
Consumer issues including the activities of complaints management companies, conduct of business and compliance, the Banking Conduct of Business Sourcebook, unfair contracts terms regulations, unfair commercial practices regulations, the role of the Financial Ombudsman Service, the Money Advice Service and the Financial Conduct Authority, financial inclusion, financial capability and corporate social responsibility.
Financial crime prevention including anti-money laundering and anti-fraud activity, bribery and physical security issues relating to staff and branches.
Corporate governance including board effectiveness, renumeration, induction of directors, data on board composition and diversity.
Prudential and financial regulation including capital and liquidity requirements under Basel 3/CRD 4, stress testing, recovery and resolution planning, accounting standards, operational tax, regulatory and statistical reporting, the impacts of the Banking Reform Bill and other outputs from the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Savings policy including ISAs, dormant and lost accounts, retail funding data, encouraging retail savings and issues arising from the operation of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Mortgage policy including mortgage regulation both from the UK and Europe, government housing policy, valuation issues, and help for borrowers in difficulty. Plus guidance notes, research and statistics on a variety of subjects.
How much does it cost?
The subscription for Associateship is £7,688 plus VAT per annum* due on 1 January each year together with an additional joining fee of £1,250 (plus VAT). Associates joining part way through a calendar year pay a proportionate amount for their first period of Associateship.
How to join
If you believe that your organisation would benefit from becoming an associate of the BSA, please contact Amanda Esteban, PA to Robin Fieth, Chief Executive, who will be happy to discuss this with you:
T: 020 7520 5902 E: email@example.com
Become an Associate of the BSA - download our PDF brochure detailing the full benefits of associateship
Associateship application form - to apply for admission as an Associate, please complete and submit this form