In recent years the recognised career path to mortgage underwriter has changed substantially, partly due to the changing nature of mortgage advice. This virtual course is delivered over two-days and has been designed to equip underwriters with the knowledge required to carry out their role effectively.
- Develop the judgment needed to make sound lending decisions, manage risk and identity fraud.
- Understand and assess customers’ needs and circumstances.
- Know how to assess and mitigate the risk features of a given set of circumstances.
- Understand the role of credit reference agency reports and to be able to interpret them.
- Know how to identify unusual application attributes that may lead to mortgage fraud
The course will be delivered using the Zoom virtual platform and will be interactive with several group discussions and case studies for attendees to consider, discuss and apply the knowledge and skills gained from the course.
Trainee underwriters, mortgage advisers that wish to broaden their skillset and those employed in a product development or risk capacity.
"I thought Ian was charismatic and presented the class well over Zoom, and kept things moving along well to stop discussions or points becoming stagnant. Weaving in anecdotes was also beneficial for context."
"Ian is a brilliant trainer. He keeps the course interactive and had great rapport with the group and kept the course very engaging."
(Delegate feedback from our July & November 2021 online courses)
Monday, 7th March - 12:30 to 16:00 (approx.)
Tuesday, 8th March - 09:30 to 13:00 (approx.)
A 30 minute comfort break will be included each day.
£595 (VAT exempt) - BSA Members/Associates only
Online payment by credit card only.
Registration is via the online form.