In recent years the recognised career path to mortgage underwriter has changed substantially, partly due to the changing nature of mortgage advice. This new virtual course is delivered over two-days and has been designed to equip underwriters with the knowledge required to carry out their role effectively.
- Develop the judgment needed to make sound lending decisions, manage risk and identity fraud.
- Understand and assess customers’ needs and circumstances.
- Know how to assess and mitigate the risk features of a given set of circumstances.
- Understand the role of credit reference agency reports and to be able to interpret them.
- Know how to identify unusual application attributes that may lead to mortgage fraud
The course will be delivered using the Zoom virtual platform and will be interactive with several group discussions and case studies for attendees to consider, discuss and apply the knowledge and skills gained from the course.
Trainee underwriters, mortgage advisers that wish to broaden their skillset and those employed in a product development or risk capacity.
"I thought it was a very well run course. There was lots of useful information provided and the breakouts gave the opportunity to mix with other societies."
"Really useful that Ian called upon personal experiences to explain topics as easier to relate to and then remember."
(Delegate feedback from our November 2020 online course)
Timings for each day:
The course will take place over two 90-minute sessions on each day:
09.30 - 11.00
Break (30 mins.)
11.30 - 13.00
£595 (VAT exempt) - BSA Members/Associates only
Online payment by credit card only.
Registration is via the online form only.