Lost a savings account?

The BSA can help you trace savings that you have lost touch with.

Through the BSA website you can trace savings that you have lost touch with. It is also possible to trace another person's lost account if you are legally empowered to do so. This web-based tracing service is FREE and operates through:


Mylostaccount is run jointly by the Building Societies Association (BSA), UK Finance and National Savings and Investments (NS&I).  Together these three organisations represent most of the firms that offer savings and current accounts in the UK. The aim is for consumers to be able to trace a lost account, whether it is at a building society, bank or NS&I, via a single web portal.

If you think you may have lost touch with a savings account, the mylostaccount.org.uk website will guide you through some simple steps to help reunite you with your money.  You can then start a search simply by completing an online application form.

  • UK Finance covers all the major banks that take retail deposits in the UK
  • The BSA covers all UK building societies
  • NS&I covers all National Savings and Investments products as well as the old Post Office Savings Bank accounts.

If you would prefer to make a postal application, you can download a form by clicking on the link below.

Lost accounts form


Simon Rex